PDA

View Full Version : [DHTML] Battleship alike game

jalbam
06-13-2007, 12:31 PM
1) CODE TITLE: Hundiyas

2) AUTHOR NAME/NOTES: Juan Alba Maldonado (myself xD)

3) DESCRIPTION: Hundiyas is an open source Battleship alike game totally written in DHTML (JavaScript, CSS and HTML) that uses mouse.
This cross-platform and cross-browser game was tested under BeOS, Linux, *BSD, Windows and others.

4) URL TO CODE: http://www.granvino.com/jam/stuff/juegos/hundiyas/spanish/index.htm (only in spanish yet)

jalbam
06-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Please, if you see a bug write me a reply with it :) when game be stable, I will upload an english version.

turkey1605
06-13-2007, 06:25 PM
There seems to be restrictions when placing ships. Is it that you can't place them next to eachother?

Good game, by the way.

jalbam
06-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Thanks for your comments :)

With default options, you cannot place ships adjacent with others. To do this, you may click in "Opciones" and check "Poder poner barcos adyacnetes". Then, you will can place ships together :)

djr33
06-13-2007, 07:05 PM
I'd say it works pretty well. One problem I came across was trying to figure out how to place the ships in the first place, I dragged an image, or clicked it, or something, and then the image loaded in a new window, losing the game.

I just played a full game and there weren't too many bugs.

I would like to see a better notification when a ship is sunk, though. It took me a bit to notice the little [2] and [5] at the bottom of the screen. Also, having a list of which ships are left would be helpful, too.

I enjoyed playing in Spanish. I'd offer to help translate, but I suppose that's not too difficult for you.

jalbam
06-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Thank for your comments and your help :)

Sorry but I don't understand very well your first phrase: "One problem I came across was trying to figure out how to place the ships in the first place, I dragged an image, or clicked it, or something, and then the image loaded in a new window, losing the game.". When happends this problem? When you drag and drop a ship? Where do you drop the ship? What browser are you using?

If you want to see a notification (alert) when a ship is sunk, you can turn true the alerts_activados variable (at line 119).

Thanks for your offer to help translate. In this game I think that I don't will need help, but if you want to translate another game that I made you can see http://lavilladel6.tuxfamily.org. It's a graphical point-and-click adventure that also can be played like a text adventure. It is harder to translate.

You said: "weren't too many bugs". Which bugs are you talking about?

If you see another bug please tell me :)

Thanks!

djr33
06-13-2007, 10:35 PM
I was using Mozilla 2.0 for OSX. Basically, I ended up with the image open (.../image.jpg) by itself. It was a mistake on my part, but my point is that it can be fairly easy to run into a weird problem when dragging images on a page.
As for any "bugs", I didn't see anything specific, but I found the interface just a bit awkward. It's not your fault, but just that html/javascript graphical interfaces are very hard to make smooth. considering, it's quite good.

As for translating the other game, i'd be happy to help, but it might be a bit above my level in spanish. I can read about half of it. Perhaps I'll learn more soon. i'm working on it.

jalbam
06-14-2007, 07:18 PM
Thanks for your comments and your help :)

If I can, I will try to improve the drag system of ships. I will wait a few more days before translate the game for more security :)

If you want, when you can and learn more spanish, you can go to La villa del seis homepage, download it and translate it. Then, send the work to publish it on the page.

Thank you very much :)

jalbam
07-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Hello!

Now you can play english version at http://www.granvino.com/jam/stuff/juegos/hundiyas/english/index.htm

Have fun :)

jscheuer1
07-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Felt 'shaky', but worked fine for 1 game in Opera. Neat script!

tech_support
07-20-2007, 11:39 AM
That was fun :p

The graphics could use a makeover, though.

Twey
07-20-2007, 11:55 AM
As for translating the other game, i'd be happy to help, but it might be a bit above my level in spanish. I can read about half of it. Perhaps I'll learn more soon. i'm working on it.You are allowed to use a dictionary :p