PDA

View Full Version : could someone/people possible help with a script.

Martyn
03-22-2005, 06:25 PM
hi, well i am seakin to make a kind of script, but need your help!! i've tried n also asked some mates, but some one said to ask on here??

well i've uploaded what im trying to do, kind of like you select which one you want, then information will apear below. hmm anyway

Sweeper Steve
03-22-2005, 07:54 PM
Hi, i'm not an expert here...i'm just a beginner...but i believe for the radio buttons it should look like this...

<p><input type="radio" name="Free hosting" value="Free hosting">Free Hosting</p>
<p><input type="radio" name="Starter hosting" value="Starter hosting">Starter Hosting</p>
<p><input type="radio" name="Premier hosting" value="Premier hosting">Premier Hosting</p>

Although i'm not quite sure how you'd do the drop down bit....as i said, i'm a beginner

somebody please spank me if i'm wrong. :p

Martyn
03-22-2005, 10:25 PM
Hi, i'm not an expert here...i'm just a beginner...but i believe for the radio buttons it should look like this...

<p><input type="radio" name="Free hosting" value="Free hosting">Free Hosting</p>
<p><input type="radio" name="Starter hosting" value="Starter hosting">Starter Hosting</p>
<p><input type="radio" name="Premier hosting" value="Premier hosting">Premier Hosting</p>

Although i'm not quite sure how you'd do the drop down bit....as i said, i'm a beginner

somebody please spank me if i'm wrong. :phi, yer that seems to work. now just to get it to put a seletected tx or html file there, in a iframe, ! damn.. lol

mwinter
03-23-2005, 10:23 AM

<p><input type="radio" name="Premier hosting" value="Premier hosting">Premier Hosting</p>If radio buttons are to act as a group, they must all have the same name attribute value; "hosting" would seem sensible.

As far as the show/hide bit is concerned, Google is your friend - particularly the Usenet archives (http://www.google.co.uk/grphp?tab=wg). This topic has been done to death in comp.lang.javascript. A few thousand results (http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?scoring=d&q=show+hide+element+%7C+div+%7C+layer+group%3Acomp.lang.javascript) should be sufficient. Some of my posts will be in there, too. Even if the topic isn't exactly related, the principle is always the same.

Mike

Sweeper Steve
03-23-2005, 03:34 PM
lol i realised they had to have the same name last night...i was in bed and the thought suddenly came to me :)