PDA

View Full Version : Scrollable Menu Links

congaipod
03-21-2005, 09:40 PM
Concerning this script:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/scrollerlink.htm#

I have added img file links instead of text links to the side scroller. However, there seems to be a limit, only in Mozilla, as it cuts off after a certain length. Any ideas on how to fix this?

jscheuer1
03-22-2005, 05:30 AM
PLEASE: Include a link to your page that you want help with.
That script was just recently updated to take care of a Mozilla bug, are you using the update?

congaipod
03-22-2005, 03:28 PM
PLEASE: Include a link to your page that you want help with.
That script was just recently updated to take care of a Mozilla bug, are you using the update?

Yes, I am. Here's a link to the site I am using them on:

http://www.congaipod.com

As you can see, it start to cut off on the More icon, only in Mozilla.

jscheuer1
03-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Looks fine to me in IE6 NS7.2 and FF1.0.1

That last one is Mozilla based (NS7.2 is too I think), which browser is giving you trouble?

congaipod
03-22-2005, 05:36 PM
I am using FF 1.0.1. Had trouble with 1.0.0 as well.

If you scroll all the way to the right, do you see how the last link "More" barely fits on the scroll list?

Looks fine to me in IE6 NS7.2 and FF1.0.1

That last one is Mozilla based (NS7.2 is too I think), which browser is giving you trouble?

jscheuer1
03-22-2005, 07:15 PM
Here's what I see in FF:
image attached below (ffm.png)

And in IE:

attached below (iem.png)

Not sure how this will look until I post it. Anyways, the FF does crop off a little of the 'more' image but, the image is so wide, it looks fine.

congaipod
03-22-2005, 07:36 PM
I REALLY appreciate the help, if I have not mentioned that before. Anyway, it is sort of weird that you see more of the icon than I do, but my problem is that I want to add more image links in the scroll list. When I add them, they cut off completely and dont show up. Is there a limit on the pixel size allowable?

Here's what I see in FF:
image attached below (ffm.png)

And in IE:

attached below (iem.png)

Not sure how this will look until I post it. Anyways, the FF does crop off a little of the 'more' image but, the image is so wide, it looks fine.

jscheuer1
03-22-2005, 08:33 PM
OK, I get it, it is a window size issue, at larger window sizes, Mozilla shows more, I just reduced my window size to 800x600 for a bit and got none of the more icon. I took this line:

document.write('<span id="temp" style="visibility:hidden;position:absolute;top:-100;left:-5000">'+menucontents+'</span>')and made it like this:

document.write('<span id="temp" style="visibility:hidden;position:absolute;top:0;left:0">'+menucontents+'</span>'that seems to fix it. Might mess things up in older browsers though, still good in IE6 NS7.2 and FF1.0.1

congaipod
03-22-2005, 09:39 PM
Works Great! Thank You So Much!

jscheuer1
03-22-2005, 10:26 PM
I was thinking about WHY, why would it have been left:-5000 to begin with, only thing I can think of is to temporarily hide it on older browsers that don't do 'position:absolute'. So, if we can figure out how to isolate those browsers and give them the original line, the full compatibility of the script would be restored. I don't have any older browsers though for testing. I tried loading on NS4.79 (actually NN4.79) but, it crashed every 2 minutes so I trashed it. Worst thing that should happen though, with the way we have it now, is a sort of phantom loading of the menu content in the upper left corner of the screen until the script fully initializes. And, this only on older browsers. Anyone know for sure?