PDA

View Full Version : Simple Tree Menu - One more question

Kelly_Wood
06-08-2007, 04:20 PM
1) Script Title: Simple Tree Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/navigate1.htm

3) Describe problem: Thanking Veronica so far for all her help, here's one more.

In the picture attached, I'm attempting to cram the menu into tables which expand & contract with the menu. Now, while it works wonderfully, the backgrounds used seem to get hidden by the menu items.

Any ideas here?

If anyone wants a copy of this thing I"m working on, you're welcome to it. Just let me know.

turkey1605
06-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Check any CSS code or something for a 'background' or 'background-color' attribute in the class you are using for the menu items. If there's none, try setting it to transparent.

Kelly_Wood
06-08-2007, 08:31 PM
We're good. Thanks a bunch you guys. You're awesome.

:D

http://www.retroglassics.com/

Now, having that part done and the menu code inside an INC file for one stop changing site wide, I"m ready to build up some pages and get this off the ground.

Zip file attached for anyone that wants to use it.

Thanks again.

Kelly_Wood
06-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Except Firefox don't handle it right. Clicking expand all seems to have a negative effect and submenus do the same thing. Wonder why. Hmm.

After further investigaion, the menus that have subs with subs don't work. The ones that have only one set of items with no subs work. Odd.

Kelly_Wood
06-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Seems that in my coding, I inadvertently added
</li> at the end of the items that were main folders and sub folders. IE figured out what to do with them but FF & NS didn't figure it out. In this example:

<ul id="treemenu1" class="treeview">

<li><b>MAIN FOLDER 1</b>
<ul>
<li>SUB FOLDER 1
<ul>
<li><a href="">Item 1 - Sub folder 1</a></li>
<li><a href="">Item 2 - Sub folder 1</a></li>
<li><a href="">Item 3 - Sub folder 1</a></li>
<li><a href="">Item 4 - Sub folder 1</a></li>
</ul>
<li>SUB FOLDER 2
<ul>
<li><a href="">Item 1 - Sub folder 2</a></li>
<li><a href="">Item 2 - Sub folder 2</a></li>
</ul>
</ul>
</li>

</ul>

If
</li> was used, at the end of Main folder 1, sub folder 1 and sub folder 2, it'll freak out NS and FF.

Fixed. Cool!