PDA

View Full Version : Flexi Slideshow - Number Of Pics Limitation?

daddiekat
06-08-2007, 04:04 PM
1) Script Title: Flexi Slide Show

2) Script URL (on DD): <script language="JavaScript1.2">

/***********************************************
* Flexi Slideshow- &#169; Dynamic Drive (www.dynamicdrive.com)
* This notice must stay intact for use
* Visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for full source code
***********************************************/

3.) I am new to making a website and this is my first one. I'm learning as I go here.....

Question 1.) I have 80 pictures in my slideshow but Flexi only displays 40 of them and then repeats the same 40. Does not display from 41 to 80.
Any suggestions on how to display the balance of the pics?

Question 2.) I can get this show to work by putting all of the pics into my root directory. I would like it to work from my "/images/Indexpics/" directory but have been unsuccesful in doing so. I must be linking it wrong? Can you clear this up for me?

My website is : www.rcfcbc.com
Look at the "Slideshow".

Thanking you in advance for any help you can provide.

Peter Butschek.

jscheuer1
06-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Seems to work here in IE 7 and Opera 9.01. You may need to refresh the page and/or clear your cache. To use an image from a different directory:

variableslide[0]=['/images/Indexpics/00.jpg', '', '']

This assumes that the images directory is off of the root of the domain. If it is off of the v2 directory (the directory where the page is), use:

variableslide[0]=['images/Indexpics/00.jpg', '', '']

To be sure, one may use the absolute path:

variableslide[0]=['http://www.rcfcbc.com/v2/images/Indexpics/00.jpg', '', '']

Also, and I have no idea if this is a problem or not, case matters on the web. So, the directory must be (for example):

Indexpics

on the server, not:

indexpics

And, all of the images must be in there if all of the images are listed as in there.

daddiekat
06-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Seems to work here in IE 7 and Opera 9.01. You may need to refresh the page and/or clear your cache. To use an image from a different directory:

variableslide[0]=['/images/Indexpics/00.jpg', '', '']

This assumes that the images directory is off of the root of the domain. If it is off of the v2 directory (the directory where the page is), use:

variableslide[0]=['images/Indexpics/00.jpg', '', '']

To be sure, one may use the absolute path:

variableslide[0]=['http://www.rcfcbc.com/v2/images/Indexpics/00.jpg', '', '']

Also, and I have no idea if this is a problem or not, case matters on the web. So, the directory must be (for example):

Indexpics

on the server, not:

indexpics

And, all of the images must be in there if all of the images are listed as in there.

:D :cool: :cool: :D

Thanks much............

1.) refreshing my cache seemed to work.
2.) I now understand how to better link to my images sub directory.
3.) yes, case is important as I had a few pics with the "JPG" extension in caps............. it's a no.. no..

All is working well now ! ! !

Thanks again and have a great day ! !