PDA

View Full Version : Trying to modify a script

CSF
06-07-2007, 02:47 AM
This is the script I am trying to modify

stylesheet switcher (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/stylesheetswitcher.htm)

What I am trying o do is have it switch not only one set of style sheets but two.

The first thing I figured I would have to do is have two versions of the script that create 2 deferent cookies for the two separate sets. I was able to make the second script with the new cookie name but now I am stumped on how to make the two scripts pull deferent on deferent sets. So far nothing I have tried worked.

ddadmin
06-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Just to make sure I understand your question, are you trying to change two seperate .css files on the same page using the script? What interface are you using to let the users choose a new style sheet in both cases (ie: drop down menu, regular text links etc)?

CSF
06-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Yes the page uses two CSS pages and I would like for both to have alternate styles that can be switched with this script.

I use a drop down menu.

ddadmin
06-07-2007, 04:08 PM
I was just going to ask why not simply combine the two CSS files into one. I assume this isn't feasible in your case? Can you explain what you mean by "Yes the page uses two CSS pages..."

CSF
06-09-2007, 12:48 AM
No using one CSS will not allow what I am trying to do.

CSF
06-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Soory for the doable post but its been 3 days and this is now on page 3 so I figured I would bum it to make sure it gets seen. Cause I would really like to know if there is a way to do this.