PDA

View Full Version : Image size

Bornfree
06-06-2007, 10:55 PM
1) Script Title: Popup image viewer

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/csslibrary/item/css-popup-image-viewer/

3) Describe problem: The script works great but the popup images that i have are of different sizes and i wish to decrease the sixze of the images by the % and not the pixcel.
Is it possible?

Just found out that % works in IE but not in FF. How can i make it work in FF as well?

jscheuer1
06-07-2007, 12:48 AM
You are much better off editing your images in an image editing program to produce a pair of images for each. Make one thumbnail sized and the other the desired full size. Using the browser to reduce images results in additional overhead and often in poor image quality - not to mention problems like you are experiencing in cross browser implementation.

I'll throw this in, just in case I misunderstood your question - if you want your images to scale to the text size of the user, set their dimensions in ems. You will still need separate thumbnail and full sized versions for each image though.

Bornfree
06-07-2007, 04:26 AM
HI Jscheuer,

Thanks for your help. But i already have a thumbnail image (all of them the same size) But it is the popup image that i want to resize. All the popup images are quite big and all i want is to down size it by 80% or something. I works in IE but not in FF (In FF it takes the value 80 as px instead os %) Does it mean that % doesn't work in FF?

jscheuer1
06-07-2007, 04:39 AM
% normally works in FF, it depends upon how you are using it. The thing to do however, is to resize all your larger images in an image editing program to be the size that you really want them to be. It will save so much bandwidth/load time. Be sure to keep copies of those huge original images locally though, in case you need them later for anything.

Bornfree
06-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Thanks a lot for your advice. I guess i will do just that now