PDA

View Full Version : Complete mail form and redirecting page . . .

wentwooddownhill
06-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Hi, could i have some help for creating a php mail form which will be quite dynamic for the user. As in it will either redirect to a page when it is sending the message or it changes on the page in front of you without changing page if you get me. Im a php novice so not to knowledgable :)

thetestingsite
06-06-2007, 04:41 PM
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11055

Hope this helps.

wentwooddownhill
06-06-2007, 04:50 PM
thats exactly what i want cheers although it dosent seem to work . . .

thetestingsite
06-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Are you using the original or the modified version? If you are using the original, try the modified one that I posted in that thread. Also, view the README file in there to get it working 100% on your system.

Hope this helps.

alexjewell
06-06-2007, 04:54 PM
What exactly isn't working? Do you get any errors?

And did you change the $from variable to your email address?

wentwooddownhill
06-06-2007, 05:05 PM
IM using the 2nd one you posted up ive changed the variable aswell.

When its on the web the MAIL IT and RESET button dont work or send the page just stays static and no e-mails arrive.

NO error messages come up

thetestingsite
06-06-2007, 05:30 PM
I just tried the script "Out of the Box" and it works fine. You can test here:
http://phphost.smackum.com/dd/ajaxcontact/

To further troubleshoot your problem, can you post a link to your problem page.

wentwooddownhill
06-07-2007, 03:16 PM
is there meant to be a sort of inbetween or thankyou page. ^^ on the one above there isnt, but at least the buttons work lol

thetestingsite
06-07-2007, 05:47 PM
is there meant to be a sort of inbetween or thankyou page. ^^ on the one above there isnt, but at least the buttons work lol

When you submit the form, you should notice just below the buttons is some text that either says "Mail ($subject) sent successfully!" or "Mail Failed!" (or some other generic failure message). If you just wanted to do a normal mail form (without the ajax invocation), you could simply get rid of the AJAX calls and have the form point to your PHP form-mail script (in this case, send.php).

Hope this helps.