PDA

View Full Version : Curser icon change

jamie smith
03-18-2005, 10:16 PM
Hello

I was just wondering if anybody had any ideas, about changing the curser icon. Basically I ve got a slide show and some of the images are linked to a bigger image that opens as a pop up. What I want to do is as u pass the curser over the image it changes from the hand to a magnifying glass.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

ddrmike
03-22-2005, 09:36 AM
I'm not quite sure on that one i'm afraid, good luck though :(

jscheuer1
03-22-2005, 05:04 PM
I worked on this one a bit last night. What you seem to be asking for is a custom cursor. These are only available in IE6 but, a way to do this is to include:

style="cursor:url(magnify.cur),auto;"

as an attribute for your image tag or the container tag for your images. You need to have a valid cursor file named magnify.cur in the same directory as your page as well, one example (I'm no whiz at making cursors) is attached. If you want a better looking custom cursor, you may be able to find one by searching the net or even your own computer! (There are quite a few cursors in the various OS's.) You can even make your own, as I did (poorly) using any program that can create and save to the .cur format. More information on custom cursors: Custom Cursor Script IE6 (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex11/customcursor.htm).