PDA

View Full Version : Opacity in the Tooltip code

hellakali
03-18-2005, 05:47 AM
How do you control the opacity in the Cool DHTML tooltip code.....ive seen others use it but i dont see an option for it in the code itself...please help

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/dhtmltooltip.htm

-Newbie :D

hellakali
03-22-2005, 12:55 AM
Also, how can you change the font inside the boxes, as well?

hellakali
03-29-2005, 10:55 PM
Nobody checks these forums? I really need help!

mwinter
03-29-2005, 11:41 PM
Nobody checks these forums? I really need help!I don't tend to answer questions about particular scripts unless I fancy rewriting one. There are odd exceptions though...

The answer is given to you in a somewhat general form on the instruction page: the style of the tool tip is driven by style sheet rules (copied from the first textarea). If you edit them, you can alter the appearance.

The font face is altered with the font-family property:

font-family: "Times New Roman";Opacity is a little more tricky, but you could have Googled for that:

opacity: 0.5;
-moz-opacity: 0.5;
-khtml-opacity: 0.5;
filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(opacity=50);The first three properties take floating-point values between 0 and 1. The last takes integers between 0 and 100.

Mike

hellakali
07-14-2005, 04:47 AM
well thank you for your reply..if it was a problem, you shouldnt have gone out of your way to answer the topic...but obviously i DID google for the opacity in the tooltip code BEFORE making a forum..matter of fact i spent hours looking for my answer b4 BOTHERING you...thank you for the suggestion though. I dont know if it is because im new here or the question I asked..but there is no reason to speak down to someone in these forums..they are here for a reason...dynamic drive scripts help? and that is what i needed help with