PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Tab Content Inquiry

monmagallanes
05-31-2007, 05:06 AM
1) Script Title: Tab Content Script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/tabcontent.htm

3) Describe problem:

This script is very useful but I have this problem where I need to pass a parameter from the link that will navigate me to a tab. The script have a functionality where it navigate me on the tab using a link. Is there a way where I can pass parameter using that links?

Your immediate response on this inquiry will be highly appreciated

-Mon-

ddadmin
05-31-2007, 02:52 PM
What are trying to do by passing a parameter? For example, do you want to use parameters to indicate which tab to navigate to? Unless you're trying to do this, the solution is not related to this script itself, but writing the appropriate function to process the parameter based on what you're trying to do with the parameter.

monmagallanes
06-01-2007, 01:30 AM
actually i'm creating a web-based wizard (sort of). Here are the scenario:

1. There are three tabs namely trunk type, trunk configuration and outgoing route.
2. on the first tab, he will select on either create a trunk (3 different types) or edit an existing trunk links. On these links, I should insert a parameter to determine what page should I display. and by clicking this link he will be navigated to the second tab where he will input information for the trunk type or edit an existing trunk.
3. also, after that second tab where the user inputted the necessary information, I need to store/update my database using POST or GET method on the second and third tab which I might be using a form button.

I used your dynamic tab content AJAX script but I really don't know where should i insert the new functions and how will I synchronize it with the existing functions for these specifcation (actually, i'm trying to understand the code but it is really complicated for me). Sir, your help will be highly appreciated. I really need to do this specification. I'm new in AJAX and i really need an assistance. But I can understand intermediate javascript and PHP scripts so you don't have to worry about jargons. I hope you can help me.

--- Mon Magallanes