PDA

View Full Version : Image Thumbnail Viewer

dramacat14
05-31-2007, 02:47 AM
1) Script Title: Image Thumbnail Viewer

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail.htm

3) Describe problem: I'm working in Dreamweaver, and the script worked fine when I was previewing it in the browser. However, now that I've uploaded my pages, the script won't work, and to the best of my knowledge, the files are all in the same place. What's going on?
Here's the url of one of my pages: www.geocities.com/dramacat14/original.htm

jscheuer1
05-31-2007, 07:16 AM
That script won't work on Geocities without modification. It might not even with modification as long as the Geocities frame structure is there. It does work if you get rid of the Geocities frame. Opera does this automatically, FF allows you to do it by right clicking and choosing "Show this Frame Only". But, there is no convenient way to do this in IE.

dramacat14
05-31-2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks for your reply, even if it makes me want to punch things. It won't work because I'm being hosted on geocities? That sucks!

jscheuer1
05-31-2007, 08:29 PM
Well, I am assuming you are using Geocities as a free host. They probably have paid packages available that wouldn't include the frame structure I mentioned. There are also other free hosts around that don't use that type of frame structure. In fact, most do not. But all free hosts have something inconvenient or annoying about them, that's part of why they are free - limits on code, limits on bandwidth, limits on bytes transferred over a specified period of time, limits on site size, advertising, etc. Some have more than others. Geocities is a leader in this area.

dramacat14
05-31-2007, 09:30 PM
That's good to know... I was already thinking of upgrading to another hosting plan... thanks for your help.