PDA

View Full Version : Freeware JavaScript Debuggers?

quint
05-30-2007, 09:14 PM
Greetings Earthlings,

Does anyone know of any good, reliable freeware JavaScript debggers available?

I've heard mixed reviews/suggestions on this topic, so I've not yet resolved to try any one in particular so far.

Any good input much appreciated.

Thanks,

~q

djr33
05-30-2007, 09:26 PM
some of the firefox features/extensions are popular

pman
05-31-2007, 12:27 AM
If you are using Firefox, try Firebug. That's all you need. One of the best tool

codeexploiter
05-31-2007, 05:25 AM
If you are using Firefox, try Firebug. That's all you need. One of the best tool

I agree with the this opinion completely. You need only Firebug, which is natively based on Mozilla Firefox browser but I think there is some method in Firebug using which you can even debug your script in IE environment.

Aptana (http://www.aptana.com) is one of the best JavaScript IDE available today. It is an open source tool which can be downloaded freely and has a good debugging and auto completion features.

You can find large number of JavaScript debuggers as Mozilla FireFox add-ons and it is quite difficult to get quality script debuggers like FireBug in IE environment.

Hope this helps

quint
05-31-2007, 07:30 AM
Thanks everyone. Sometimes the best things are right in front of you. :)

boogyman
05-31-2007, 05:12 PM
also for firefox there is an extension called "web developer" that has a lot of different tools for use on the web... css / javascript / images / forms / resize etcetc...

The while it doesn't have a quite all of the features of Firebug in terms of javascript, it does give you the javascript error / warning console so you can tell where an error occured. It also lets you know if you are running in "quirks" or "standards" mode :)