PDA

View Full Version : Call to Undefined Function in RSS Display Box script

Jaynee
05-30-2007, 07:46 PM
1) Script Title: RSS Display Box

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex18/rssdisplaybox/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I believe I've uploaded all of the scripts correctly. I've confirmed through the configuation test that I can run simplepie. And yet when I put the script into my website, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: outputbody() in /websiteinfoblahblahblah/rssbox/main.php on line 37

I've poured over main.php and I can't see a problem. Line 37 (at least, I think it's line 37) says this:

outputbody($item, $templatename); //call custom outputbody() function

Anyone get this problem?

Jaynee
05-31-2007, 03:50 AM
So no one has had this issue before? It seems like a simple fix, and I just need someone who knows PHP better than me to figure it out. I'm surprised this one has gone unanswered. :(

ddadmin
05-31-2007, 02:10 PM
outputbody() is defined in outputbody.php actually. Did you remember to upload all the contents inside the folder /rssbox to your site?

Jaynee
05-31-2007, 02:57 PM
outputbody() is defined in outputbody.php actually. Did you remember to upload all the contents inside the folder /rssbox to your site?

Yes, I ftp'd everything in its entirety to their proper location. My husband (who knows PHP better than I do) and I sat there for two hours last night flipping between our index.html page, main.php and outputbody.php trying to figure out why the code wasn't working. We finally gave up entirely and have opted to go in another direction.

I'm sad though - I loved the NYTimes example and had hoped to use that on the website.