PDA

View Full Version : Drop Down Tabs IE6 selectbox problem...

AqA
05-25-2007, 02:04 PM
1) Script Title: Drop Down Tabs (CSS based menu / Example 2)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/droptabmenu.htm

3) Describe problem:
Hi there,
first of all, i want to thank you all for creating and submitting those fine pieces of code.

Now, back to the problem:
When using the Drop Down Tabs menu in InternetExplorer 6.x and having form elements like a select with options underneath the menubar, then those form select elements shine through my submenu. I have tried to fix it myself, but unfortunately i am not that much into js coding. So i really would appreciate, if someone could help me with that problem.

As my inquieries resulted in some solutions with helper iframes to lay over the select elements whenever the submenu is being called to show, i tried to implement that solution into my dropdowntabs.js. While doing so i noticed some configuration stuff like "enableiframeshim: 1, //1 or 0, for true or false". I have tried to understand what that part of the js does, and it seems to me, that this is exactly the solution for my problem, but unfortunately it doesn't work at my site?!? Does this need some more js files like the prototype.js or others? Does this part of the script create iframe elements, or just changing some options of already existing ones?

Do you have any hint or idea, maybe a solution? Please help me with that issue, i really like that css based menu, so that i don't really want to go on searching for others...

Best regards
AqA