PDA

View Full Version : Can HV be made search engine friendly

bizeedoinnuffin
05-25-2007, 01:29 PM
I am wondering if it is possible to quote the hv menu

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/hvmenu/index.htm, instead of having to put all the code in every single page.i am trying to make the page as search engine friendly as possible. would i b able to quote the zip file once i have edited it , like this

desination writen here/scripts/hvmenu.zip

is there any way i can make it SE friendly?

jscheuer1
05-25-2007, 05:33 PM
I have no idea what you mean when you say quote the zip file. Quoting copyrighted works is permitted for limited educational and/or review purposes, but I don't think this is what you are talking about.

As far as making the menu search engine friendly, it is a script. As such, it will not allow your site to be spidered in the same fashion as hard coded links would. You could include hard coded links on your page(s) in various ways that would be seen only by non-javascript enabled browsers. This strategy will allow at least some spiders to catalogue your site in the normal fashion. It also would allow non-javascript enabled users to navigate your site.

One of the most spider friendly ways of presenting alternate non-javascript enabled content is to put said content in a division or divisions in the body:

<div class="altscript">
alternate content goes here
</div>

And, in or linked to the head of the page have this script code (here shown enclosed in script tags for use in the head):

<script type="text/javascript">
document.write('<style type="text\/css">\n\
.altscript {display:none;}\n\
<\/style>')
</script>