PDA

View Full Version : Lightbox Image Viewer Version 2 Background Opacity Size

td300c
05-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Can you change the size of the black background in this script? Check out www.ClassicWindowsInc.com and look at the photo galleries. The black background does not cover the entire page. I would like to make the background larger if possible.

jscheuer1
05-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Works fine in Opera and FF, but your menus are screwy in those browsers. I see what you mean in IE, there is about 140px of empty space on the right of my 1440 wide screen.

My suggestion would be to first validate your page. However, if you are looking for a quick fix, this will work out:

<!--[if gte IE 5.5]>
<script type="text/javascript">
function iecompattest(){
return (document.compatMode && document.compatMode!="BackCompat")? document.documentElement : document.body;
}
function oWidth(){
return iecompattest().clientWidth+iecompattest().scrollLeft+'px';
}
</script>
<style type="text/css">
#overlay {
width:expression(oWidth());
}
</style>
<![endif]-->

Place that just before the closing </body> tag.

td300c
05-24-2007, 06:36 PM
You're the man!

What did you mean about the menu being screwy? Did you see them fine in IE?

jscheuer1
05-24-2007, 07:00 PM
The menu was OK in IE. I said that it was screwy in Opera and FF. In those browsers, the drop downs drop down, but about half the width of the entire menu to the right of where one might expect them to. Get FF or Opera for testing, they're both free and many people use them as their primary browsers.

td300c
05-24-2007, 07:39 PM
Do you have any suggestions for fixing that?

jscheuer1
05-25-2007, 02:18 AM
You could start by, as I suggested earlier, validating your markup. It is difficult to resolve layout issues without valid markup. And/or start a new thread about the menu. But, as that menu appears not to be a Dynamic Drive Menu, you should (if I am right about that) take it to the javascript, css or HTML forum in the general coding area.

Also, as I said, get FF or Opera for testing, they're both free and many people use them as their primary browsers. These may help you troubleshoot the layout in those browsers yourself. They will at least let you see the problem so that you can describe it to others.