PDA

View Full Version : Script to execute a batch file

smithster
05-22-2007, 09:37 PM
I use a webbased control panel to start a COD2 server. I am quite keen to learn how to do this myself. I know of 2 ways to start a COD2 server from home. Either through the exe file and amend the command line. Or you can make a batch file to do the exact same thing.

I have heard before that a web page is not able to execute a exe file. But can a webpage start a batch file?

If it's possible perhaps someone could direct me to the script that you help this to work???

Thanks.

Smithster.

smithster
05-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Ive been reading through the forums. Ive seen that similar questions have been asked before about this sort of thing. I am assuming what I need to be done would be done by the use of ASP and batch files. Ive noticed the answers to others are about security risks envolved and I just want to make it known that this what I am trying to acomplish is completely server side. The batch file is also on the server itself. No batch file is ran from the client.

Twey
05-22-2007, 09:53 PM
You can most certainly start an executable from the webserver, provided it's on the same machine as the webserver. How you'd go about it with ASP, I've no idea, but it's definitely possible.

smithster
05-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Ok thanks for your reply. What about using PHP to start an executable? Do you know how to do that?

djr33
05-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Use only one thread per question. This one is now closed.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21013