PDA

View Full Version : Help With Positioning HV Menu

NedreN
03-17-2005, 01:00 AM
I have searched, (two or three times in the last few weeks), for the answer to this question, but haven't been able to find it.

Now to my question.

I have been using HV Menu on my site for a while now.
http://66.24.80.178
(Home server, ip address)

And everything looks fine using IE and mozilla firefox, while in 1024 x 768. But when someone "views" that page in a lower/higher resolution, the menu gets "off center" and doesnt look right. I tryed "fixing" it at first with something like:

if (navigator.vendor == 'Firefox')
{
/*For firefox*/
var StartTop=132;
var StartLeft=118;

} else {
/*For ie */
var StartTop=140;
var StartLeft=128;
}

In the menu_var file, and that fixed it for ie/firefox in that resolution. But I want it to "look right" for every resolution and browser. So my question is, how can I change/what can I change, to let me choose the "absolute position" of my menu, like being able to put it in a table cell, <div>, etc.

Can someone help me with this?

NedreN
03-20-2005, 06:00 PM
Bump...

douglasstclair
03-22-2005, 05:08 PM
I'm experiencing the same thing, *almost*.

I've found that the centered-menu misaligns within Netscape and Mozilla when there are vertical scrollbars on the page. It appears that the positioning is not taking into account the reduced screen size when the vertical scroll bars appear.

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you. Like you, I'm looking for one.

Good luck - to you and me!

Doug

douglasstclair
03-22-2005, 05:45 PM
I just found my answer... it's amazing what a little reading can do.

I switched to using TargetLoc='MenuPos';, which allows you to place a div in the html body to tell the menu where to load. This solved my problem with alignment when scroll bars appear.

I'm not sure if this is relevant for your problem - Have you tried it?

dkwok
03-23-2005, 07:34 PM
can u post an example? thanks. My menu is popping up all over the place

NedreN
03-24-2005, 10:00 PM
I just found my answer... it's amazing what a little reading can do.

I switched to using TargetLoc='MenuPos';, which allows you to place a div in the html body to tell the menu where to load. This solved my problem with alignment when scroll bars appear.

I'm not sure if this is relevant for your problem - Have you tried it?

That could fix it, did you change "TargetLoc" to MenuPos, or did you change from it to something else? Im going to look now and try to find which "file" thats in, the config, or the other, could you reply though and answer me question?

Edit: I just re-read the config file, thanks for telling me the soultion to my problems :)