PDA

View Full Version : PHP video album

petri71
05-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Hi,
I am using the PHP Photo Album from DD with the lightbox2 effect. I am using it to upload my cellphone pictures directly to my website.

www.coquille.org/cellpics

I was wondering if it was possible to customise the script so that it would accept mp4 video format. I would then upload my pics AND videos on the same folder and they would appear on the site using the lightbox effect.

anyone has an idea ? is it possible using php ?

Petri

djr33
05-21-2007, 07:15 PM
The issue with that isn't the coding as much as actually getting the video onto the page. mp4 isn't a very good format anyway, as they will likely be fairly large files (mp4 is high quality and decent size but rarely small enough for the web, from my experience) and video clips aren't like images as they must have a plugin to be viewed on the page, rather than just inline like an image.
mp4 also requires quicktime 7, or another player that is compatible, but I think that might be it at the moment.

The lightbox would be possible as would using PHP to find the clips, but loading them and viewing them would be complex and not smooth on a slower connection.

I'd suggest for this type of thing using flash.