PDA

View Full Version : catch literal string and retrieve+javascript

kaku
03-16-2005, 02:34 PM
hello all,

I have a question. You see I have to write a script which should search in other(by clicking on a button,no input form) html page on particular string and if matches should retrieve the document link, document name and date.

for example: I have page called test.html on that page there are documents attached and each document has a name but if you stands on that particular link u will see a tooltip and there are some keywords on that tooltip like : owner: planning
so my script should catch that string and then list all the document links which are related to that string.

I have to do it in client side javascript thats why i dont have alot of options left and I dont know if this is possible

regards,
kaku

jscheuer1
03-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Looks like you are trying to construct a primitive search engine. One option you might consider is using one of the many free or for fee search engines available. Also if you construct it properly you can provide a link to google that will search your site only for the specified pages assuming they've indexed your sight. Failing all that, you could just write it as HTML, as long as the results of the search are unlikely to change without your knowledge.