PDA

View Full Version : Form field Limiter Script

lettie_dude
05-18-2007, 11:09 AM
1) Script Title: Form field Limiter

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex16/limitinput.htm

3) Describe problem: Firstly can I say this is a neat little script and works well. However if you use the right mouse click to paste content into the textfield all the content is pasted and no reduction is made unless you actively click in the field and press return or add another character. So obviously if someone just right click pastes into the filed all the content is accepted and no limit is applied.

lettie_dude
05-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Update on this bug. This is also the case when you use Edit Paste from the browser menu not just the right click. The only time it works is if you use ctrl V to paste. A solution would be appreciated.

Twey
05-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Yes. There's no (non-resource-hungry) way around this currently, of which I'm aware anyway. There is a resource-hungry one, though, which I'll implement for you when I get back in a few hours.

lettie_dude
06-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Hi Twey

Did you have any luck with a resource hungry version of this?

Twey
06-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Oh! I forgot about this, I'm sorry. I'm very absent-minded, please post back if I've said I'd do something or I might forget :p I've updated the version on my site. The new version has an extra function, enablePolling(). If you call this, polling will be enabled. You can also pass it two optional arguments specifying the interval for at which it should poll, when a key is and is not pressed, respectively. Increase these numbers to increase performance, decrease to increase responsiveness. Default is 30, 50.

llamadave
02-06-2008, 07:16 PM
I too would like this revised script. I load form fields from a saved cookie and the message does not reflect the field's contents until you start typing.

David

Twey
02-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Attached -- I thought DD had hosted it.