PDA

View Full Version : HV Menu - Stopped working suddenly

Silvervial
03-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Script: HV Menu
Link: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/hvmenu/

Hi, I have been using this script sucessfully for nearly two years on two websites. Over the weekend, one of the site's menu no longer works. The other site still works fine.

When I call up the broken site, I get a Run Time error of "bad syntax" at line 250 and when I close that, I get another Run Time error of "SideTop is not defined" at line 33.

I compared line 33 of the broken menu with the same spot on the working menu and they are identical. I cannot find anything wrong at line 250 either.

I have changed nothing but ordinary text in the menus recently, something I do quite frequently, and this has never happened before.

Please help me figure out why one menu is not working, when the other one is fine. Thank you.

jscheuer1
03-16-2005, 06:17 AM
Are they on different servers? If not, even if they are, are you 100% sure you didn't accidently erase or insert a comma, quote, single quote, a bracket or a parenthesis? Insert a literal character like a single quote that needs to be escaped with a downslash (\)? If they are on different servers, the problem might be that the server is now adding something (most likely a script) to your page that it hadn't in the past and causing a conflict. In any case, to fix something like this or offer more advice, I'd need to see the page you are talking about. Are these two menus identical in all respects? If so, just copy the good one over the bad one.