PDA

View Full Version : Thumbnail viewer, won't open picture in it's own window!?

lancelot
03-14-2005, 04:27 PM
please check out this page http://sirlancelotindustries.0catch.com/pages/my%20turbo%20hurts.htm and let me know what you think it may be, I copied and pasted the code again, and have combed through the source code for the page http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail.htm
and found no differences, however, there has to be at least one...
maybe I'm missing some vital curly braces? either way, the code in the developers view, and the code to be copied on the page is wrong, and should be corrected!

sorry about all the popups...

P.S.
when you go to my page, do you get error messages?

ddadmin
03-16-2005, 06:53 AM
Well it's hard to tell what the problem is, since the script doesn't even seem to be installed completely- notice that portion of it is visible on the screen, which it shouldn't be.

lancelot
03-16-2005, 05:03 PM
but why is it visible? I guess this is a case where I have to sit down and analyze the code line by line, and compare and try to find out why it's wrong...is any of the Dynamic Drive copy and paste code or developers view code correct? because the two thumbnail viewer codes aren't!?

ddadmin
03-16-2005, 07:54 PM
A JavaScript/ DHTML script can only be visible if it's missing something, most likely the opening and closing <script> tags. I would simply remove the script entirely from your page, and repaste it from Dynamic Drive. Make sure your HTML editor hasn't altered anything in the process.

lancelot
03-17-2005, 06:55 AM
I'm using macromedia studio mx to edit my site stuff...I'm pretty sure it doesn't put anything of it's own in there...I deleted, and re-pasted, once from the developers view, and once from the space...can you please look at the source of my page, and let me know what it is...there are two problems (which may be solved by fixing the one):

1. A fragmentation of the source code displays on the page

2. The picture loads in the same page, when it's supposed to load in a small page of it's own overtop the source page

jscheuer1
03-17-2005, 07:50 AM
Look at the source of the live web page, the script is carved in half by what looks to me like server inserted stuff. Unless this script can go in the body section (some can, some can't), you may have to use a different script or get another server. It is hard for me to believe you carved up the script like that, maybe without knowing. One other thing to try, is take it out completely, or better yet use a backup of the page from before you put the script in. Use a text editor to put a fresh copy of the script in.

lancelot
03-18-2005, 05:00 PM
it's hard to find a good free service provider these days...

jscheuer1
03-18-2005, 10:28 PM
Even Geocities doesn't carve up content like that. They do put alot of scripts on your page but, you can usually at least trace down any conflicts and fix them. I wouldn't give up on your current host just yet, did you try putting the script in the body? If you put it right after the <body> tag it might escape being messed up by the server and still work.