PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

abligh
03-14-2005, 05:49 AM
Hey everyone, I am looking for some tips. I am trying to add a spot on my website where people have to fill out questions, but how do I make it so that I can see what they have filled in when they hit the submit button. Hopefully everyone understands the question, I am new at this, Thanks a bunch!!

jscheuer1
03-14-2005, 07:53 AM
I consider myself fairly knowledgable yet, I too am working on something like this. I want to create a mail form. I've got the page set up more or less to run with formmail (just not sure I have all the fields correctly configured, particularly the textarea for the message body, and in general following all of the best security practices) and need to get back to my host, as he said I could use formmail but I'm getting the bad referrer message, which I believe means my cgi-bin access is not on (I already have a formmail.pl ready to go). I mention this because there are other ways to do it. If you just want a questionnaire, something other than formmail might be better. Bottom line is you need something on the sever or a host service to power your form. Good places for you to start would be to seek out example forms on the web and ask your host what type of server side scripting is available for this on his/her server. If none, there are third party hosts, some of which are free and may even give you automated design help for writing the form. Good luck to you and, if anyone else wants to jump in here and give either of us advice, feel free, as I'm not 100% sure I've got it all figured out yet myself.

This thread is good for information on this:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1952

You might also want to pick up this thread:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2007

It is Answer of an alert, into webpage, in general coding, JavaScript. By the 10th post in that thread there is some very relevant information to what you and I are both working on.