PDA

View Full Version : I need help

maiheart
05-14-2007, 04:26 PM
1) Script Title: FrogJS Image Gallery

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/frogjs/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I would really like to use this, but I am having a hard time figuring it out. I was told that I need to go to my admin host controller and under the www folder create a folder called scripts, then upload the two .js files to that folder. Is this right? Well where do I find my admin host controller? I just need a bit of help. Would anyone be willing to help out?

Thanks,
Sara:)

boogyman
05-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Sara, What you need is accesses to your website (password) and an File Transfer Program (ftp). I am assuming that whoever told you the "host controller" meant your control panel :confused: if so, it probably has a folder / subfolder in there that will contain your www folder that you need to post to? also try looking for public_html as sometimes that is also used. now if you do have a cpanel, chances are that there is a web-based ftp on your interface, however if its not then you would need to download one.

maiheart
05-14-2007, 05:08 PM
I am sorry, but i am totally lost. I was just told by someone that I needed to download this program to do that so I did and then I was told this:
"first you need to log in
the host name is ftp.maiheartfeltexpressions.com
the username and pw are yours for the site
and then when you log in you have to click the folder that says maiheartfeltexpressions.com
then the folder that says www
then you can make the new folder there
me: Oh girl! Thanks! I will try all that now.
Sent at 9:39 AM on Monday
Staci: yup! np!
me: i dont know where to login at?
Sent at 9:42 AM on Monday
Staci: you have to create a new account"

Then this was the info I got from someone else:
"go to your admin host controller and under the www folder create a folder called scripts, then upload the two .js files to that folder.

then in your html template put the code between the <style></style> tags including those tags.

then upload the images that are showing under your file utilities, then change all the image patsh from /images/ to /fpdb/images/

then go create an ancillary page, name it gallery and just put something like "coming soon" in the box and save.

then go back and edit the ancillary page you just created and put the code in step 2 that starts with <div id="FrogJS"> and save.

then that should do it"

AND I AM TOTALLY LOST!