PDA

View Full Version : prevent copy of photos

JavyDaAbusador
03-14-2005, 05:46 AM
i use the no right click prevent in order for people not to have my pics but i can still drag the fotos and pres ctrl+c and copy them is there a code for that for no way to copy pics

cr3ative
03-14-2005, 08:34 PM
I've said this to so many people now-

If you let someone see an image, they can get it.
- cache
- printscreen button
- copying&pasting it's url by viewing source

Long story short, don't put anything you don't want redistributed online. Just watermark your precious work :p

(Right-click scripts are easily defeated. I have a Firefox extension called AllowRightClick so they never bother me.)

cr3ative

johnnyi
03-22-2005, 04:44 PM
There is a script on DynamicDrive.com for this... see here (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/noright2.htm).

If you use it in conjunction with this (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/noright3.htm) script (which disables the user from viewing your source), the only options left are for the user to grab a print screen (via the button) or use a tool like SnagIt. To get around this, just save your image with a distinctive watermark across it.

I know where you're coming from - I'm working on a page to house my photos that I want to start selling - kind of defeats the purpose if the user can just grab the images from the webpage.

Additionally, you could use thumbnails of the image and only watermark your enlarged photo.

Hope this helps.

cr3ative
03-22-2005, 05:58 PM
Erk:

As per the notice marked Important!, Firefox didn't bat an eyelid over this script:
http://img116.exs.cx/img116/6418/wha.jpg
As with this script.
http://img116.exs.cx/img116/8137/wha2.jpg

Just my two cents. I use Firefox 1.0.1.

cr3ative

a1dogman
04-11-2005, 08:51 PM
im new to html coding (just branching out from visual basic) is there a way to clear the clipboard using html code, this wont stop the use of CTRL+C but will override the command after the copied object has been sent to the clipboard

in VB it would look something like this:

Clipboard.Clear
Clipboard.SetText "please dont copy my work"

if any one knows of how to do this i would be greatful as i too want to make it difficult for people ripping text.

jscheuer1
04-11-2005, 09:14 PM
There is a way, I saw it in these forums and promptly forgot it. What if I have something valuable on my clipboard when I visit your page, it will be lost. If you don't want folks to get your work don't put it on the web. This whole photo thing is ridiculous to me because the resolution quality of an image suitable for printing is prohibitive for web publishing. I run several galleries and although they are not for commercial promotion of the images, they are for commercial promotion of the activities shown (music festivals), the images are copyright both of the photographers and in many cases the subjects. To avoid ruffling any feathers, my group has understandings with both the photographers and subjects that the images displayed will be of non-photographic quality and used only for promotion of the festivals. If you are selling your pictures, you can put up nice looking reduced sized low-res versions (not tiny thumbnails but, not huge photo quality images either). If someone is happy having that for free, fine but, if they really want your work, they'll spring for the hi-res full sized versions. You might want to put one full quality image with a watermark for an example. Too many of these images will make for slow page loads.

a1dogman
04-11-2005, 09:31 PM
jscheuer1 - in VB i would set the code so that it would only be activated when the user presses CTRL+C (by checking for the equivelent ascii keypress value) thus if anything was on the clipboard it would be over written anyway by the users own doing.

it was text i was trying to make difficult for someone to copy. i know there is nothing stopping a person opening 2 windows and typing it all out again but the more work someone has to do then the more likely they will not do it.

if you could remember where the link was for clearing the clipboard would you post it. Thanks

jscheuer1
04-11-2005, 09:45 PM
You could search for it, which is what I would have to do. Keep in mind that this method is not quite so kind as what you have outlined in VB.

simonf
04-13-2005, 11:21 AM
JavyDaAbusador

You are wasting you time.... as cr3ative said in his first reply 03/14 if you can see it... you can get it..... Give it up and/or watermark your images if you are that paranoid or better still dont post them on the web...... watermark still allow people to get the images it just slows them down..... I.E if it's on the web it can be taken!!!

Saddam Hussein
05-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Thankx For Ur Guys Help That Used To B My Nick

cr3ative
05-09-2005, 04:23 PM
What?

Saddam Hussein
05-10-2005, 08:56 PM
lol i guess u check all of my post lol dam anyway i meant that JavyDaAbusador use to b my nickname in here but i made a new acount is it clear now?

darco9x2
05-12-2005, 01:47 AM
I've said this to so many people now-

- printscreen button

cr3ative
if your woryd about printscreen, use ur images as backgrounds to <div> and add text, so they cant get it, but its really only delaying the inevitable, believe me, i know. ive gotten many things since i learned html. comes in handy.