PDA

View Full Version : adding photos to site and urls to database

llorax
05-14-2007, 05:12 AM
I want to set up a database that gets images from their url rather than having them in the database to avoid space problems. The issue is I'm setting up an admin so other people could add an image from their computer or a url.

Can I code the form so that the photo is uploaded into a folder and the database retrieves the local file?

alexjewell
05-14-2007, 08:52 PM
Sure. Exactly what part do you need help with coding?

boogyman
05-14-2007, 10:37 PM
in your database make a record for what ever you are trying to store with the other info and in the record have a field for the image, and store the url of the image there

then just make sure that the url points to the actual image uploaded onto the site

llorax
05-15-2007, 03:52 AM
well say a user puts in a picture that is either uploaded or from a url, how do I get the program to copy the image in a folder under a new name and then have the database point to that new location?

I'm new to image data so pointing me in some direction to look up would be wonderful. Thanks!

sami
05-16-2007, 02:17 PM
well say a user puts in a picture that is either uploaded or from a url, how do I get the program to copy the image in a folder under a new name and then have the database point to that new location?

I'm new to image data so pointing me in some direction to look up would be wonderful. Thanks!

I think this place offer something you might like...CLICK HERE (http://www.php-mysql-tutorial.com/)
Sami