PDA

View Full Version : Help for "POP UP BOX" and "openWYSIWYG"

phpboy
05-10-2007, 04:36 PM
1) Script Title:pop up box II, openWYSIWYG 1.01 beta

2) Script URL (on DD): //www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex11/abox2.htm
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex16/openwysiwyg/index.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hello everyone, I have a simple request. I have two javascript application: the pop up box II, and openWYSIWYG 1.01 beta that I am using and I would like the implement both these application together.

I would like to know how to place the "openWYSIWYG" application into the "POP UP BOX II application. The pop up box II site indicated that it will take HTML code, however, it does not seem to work completely. I pasted a server-side INCLUDE into the code:

for example,
new popUp(200, 200, 600, 300, "Div", "<!-- INCLUDE wysiwygsample.html -->,..

however, what I get is the "wysiwyg" form "IN" the page , but not the "wysiwyg" form "INSIDE" the pop up box the way it should be.

I would appreciate any help you guys can give me.

thanks
phpboy

djr33
05-10-2007, 05:47 PM
SSI, PHP, ASP, CGI, etc are parsed before the page is served to the user, way before javascript is implemented.

You cannot, then, use javascript to create an SSI under any circumstances, I do not think.

The way around this would be to use PHP, send a variable to the PHP script on the popup, then the PHP could would be able to include the right page in it.

This would require that your server supports PHP, and some basic knowledge of how to implement it.