PDA

View Full Version : Iframe SSI resize IE Link Problem

Terry Barker
05-07-2007, 04:34 PM
1) Script Title: Iframe SSI script II

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/iframessi2.htm

3) Describe problem: I will start by saying i love this script alot! however everything is working fine on firefox browsing. This could be very simple but if i open the page usin IE the links are "unclikable" they appear but the cursor does not change to a hand...

you can view this by visiting www.terrybarker.com (http://www.terrybarker.com) if you click the disclaimer at the bottom, that works and is in a normal Iframe, please help! this is the final stange for completing my new website!

Kind regards,
Terry

jscheuer1
05-07-2007, 05:02 PM
That has nothing to do with the script. If you navigate directly to - say:

http://www.terrybarker.com/home.html

in IE, the links still don't work.

Terry Barker
05-07-2007, 05:41 PM
nicely spotted, they work until something else kicks in script wise...

i wonder what...

jscheuer1
05-07-2007, 05:46 PM
It seemed to me to be the style:

.r3_c2 {
width:802px;
height:409px;
color: #000000;
background-color: #F1EEEE;
background-image: url(../images/interface_r3_c2.png);
background-repeat: repeat-x;
}

And, this appears to me to be a bug in IE, but it may just be being finicky - meaning there may be a workaround via redesigning the flow of the page. Or, it may have to do with the image itself needing to be reworked in an image program so as to have total transparency in the middle there.

Terry Barker
05-07-2007, 05:58 PM
humm... lol, erm, well the image is transparent so i can duplicate the other one on the other side and flip it identically, i dont think it would work tho...

jscheuer1
05-07-2007, 06:09 PM
That might be best, if you had it as two much smaller images, one going one way as just the background aligned left of the container and the other way as the background aligned right of the contained tables.

Or, the transparency of pngs can vary, be absolutely sure that it has 100% transparency in the middle there. Oh, and 0 gamma as well. Or, use a .gif perhaps

Failing any and all of that, this seemed to fix the links:

.r3_c2 {
width:802px;
height:409px;
color: #000000;
background-color: #F1EEEE;
background-image: url(../images/interface_r3_c2.png);
background-repeat: repeat-x;
}

.r3_c2 table {
z-index:100;
position:relative;
}

But, that is just a kludge - shouldn't hurt other browsers though. The problem is that it doesn't get rid of the way that the text looks ragged in IE.

Terry Barker
05-07-2007, 06:13 PM
like omg, how did you do that? lol

em, the other alternative was to chance r2_c2 to a jpeg? as this is not supposed to be transparent and another thing is to seperate the two css files which i have just seem to my knowledge are clashing...

apart from the cool codeing which i will use, do you think the above would make a difference?

jscheuer1
05-07-2007, 06:30 PM
If it really is a background (looks like it is), a jpg might work out too, I didn't think of that. You would need to set the part that is transparent in the png to the color of the background:

#F1EEEE

which in an image program would be more like:

rgb(241, 238, 238)

and it might work out really well.

Terry Barker
05-07-2007, 06:41 PM
great, i will work on it and get back either way!

Terry Barker
05-07-2007, 07:14 PM
so i took your code out, sorted both the css's out, converted it to jpg, and, it worked, so it looks like IE has a problem with png?

but your help has been massive for such a simple problem beliebe me, it would of took a few days for me to relise, im ok at coding but id love to learn and do this as a full time job, its great to get your head stuck into something, get annoyed and plug away for hours on nothing! haha

jscheuer1
05-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Looks to me that you are still using a png, just not one with any transparency. And, the text is still ratty looking in IE. And, yes, IE just started to support png alpha transparency (without a proprietary filter) in v 7 and really hasn't worked out all of the bugs yet, not to mention the handful or so of rendering bugs in IE that have nothing to do with png graphics.