PDA

View Full Version : Scrollable Menu Links Help

chris59595
03-12-2005, 06:50 AM
Script: Scrollable Menu Links
URL: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/scrollerlink.htm

ok.. i'm just wondering... is it possible to add a frame target to this script.. if so, how? i tried just adding it to the end of the link like normal html but it just opens the page in a new window then, any help would be greatly appreciated, ty

jscheuer1
03-12-2005, 07:55 AM
I assume you are using the:

target=framename

convention. If the named frame doesn't exist, it will open in a new window. Are you sure you have the frames created, open and named correctly, and then referred to correctly from the link tag? If so, and it still does what you say, give us a link to your page so we can see what is happening.

chris59595
03-12-2005, 08:49 AM
Url: http://users.igl.net/tmpoolpimp/help/weeksframe.htm

ok... it works when i click on 1 link... but once i've clicked on one of the links... every time you click on a link after the first time it opens the next pages in a new window. when i need them all to load in the main frame

jscheuer1
03-12-2005, 09:00 PM
OK, here is what I did so far:

I took out your version of the script and put in the one from dynamic drive unaltered. Using only <base target=main> to locate the pages, it worked fine except for the link to Javascriptkit which must have something on their page to break out of frames because that's what it did, no new windows though on any of the links. I then went back to your code and took out your links and pasted them into the fresh code I had from dd. Same problem. Then I made sure your links were in the same format as the dd ones (no targets, just relying on the base target thing). Same Problem. I think it is either your server or (more likely) something that you have on those individual weeks (w1.html, w2.html, etc.) pages. You've got a no rightclick script on those pages and they didn't download when I downloaded your example page. I was able to view their source but, there are so many things going on I couldn't see right away anything that might cause the trouble. What I would do next is make some plain pages (just straight html) on your server, paste in a fresh copy of the script from dd to your top page (after backing it up). Substitute those plain page urls for the ones in the new top page. If it still doesn't work, it's most likely your server. If they do work, it's something on the w?.html pages. Get back to me at that point or just go ahead and start taking scripts and any nondisplay type html off one of those pages until you find the offending one. I just took another look at one of the w?.html pages. It has a script that has:

this.name = "yahoo_games_home"

That could be it. In fact that appears twice on the page I looked at. Could be changing the name of the frame.