PDA

View Full Version : Cursor help

cowboytf
03-11-2005, 04:29 PM
:confused: I am trying to insert my own cursor and I can't get it to work. I think I did everything it said to do. where it said to insert my cursor which is horse.ani .....I did but it didn't ever show up. Any suggestions? Thanks

cr3ative
03-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Please post your code so we can help - ta.

cr3

cowboytf
03-11-2005, 08:45 PM
I don't know what you mean about code??? I just started using HTML yesterday. I figured out how to do alot but not that one thing. This is what I am doing....
<style>
<!--
BODY{
cursor:url("mycursor.cur");
}
-->
</style>

I put in horse.ani where the mycursor.cur is but it didn't change anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

TheBigT
03-11-2005, 09:20 PM
You need tp upload your cursor image to the same directory as the page in question or else it won't work or you could upload it somewhere else and then link it.

mwinter
03-11-2005, 10:14 PM
This is what I am doing....There are a couple of things you should add, and one thing you should omit.

<style>The style element has a required attribute, type. Whilst some may argue it's not necessary, it is good practice to write correct mark-up.

<!--The practice of "hiding" style sheets (and scripts) became unnecessary several years ago. People only keep doing it because they don't truly understand why it was done in the first place. You can safely omit the opening (<!--) and closing (-->) SGML comment delimiters.

cursor:url("mycursor.cur");You need to include a standard cursor type, which is required by the cursor property. The auto keyword is probably most appropriate as you're applying this change document-wide:

cursor: url(mycursor.cur), auto;Be aware that the majority of user agents will not recognise custom cursors.

Mike

cowboytf
03-12-2005, 01:09 AM
Thank You So Much For Your Help! I Greatly Appreciate You Taking The Time To Help Me!!!!