PDA

View Full Version : Ajax tab does not work with aspx page with form tag in IE6

123fai
04-24-2007, 11:55 AM
1) Script Title: Dynamic Ajax Content

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxtabscontent/

3) Describe problem:

I have 2 aspx pages. One is the index.aspx and the other is the News.aspx. Both aspx pages contain own their form tag <form id="XXX" runat="server"> because both pages need to get a dataset from DB and then bind it to their own grid view...

I try to put the ajax tab content in the index.aspx page and then have a tab to link to News.aspx...In fact, i found that it works fine in FireFox, but get a javascript error "unknown runtime error" in IE 6.0....

I put some time to find the reason of that problem in IE6...finally i get a result is that the functions works fine in IE6 if there is no form tag in the news aspx page...

So anyone can help me to sovle this problem so that my pages is also work fine in IE6...it takes me much of time before...thx

jscheuer1
04-24-2007, 02:10 PM
That probably means that the server generated code is invalid. It may look like HTML but it probably has some quirk or problem that IE has trouble dealing with once it is converted to a page request and then back into innerHTML. To solve this, try validating the generated HTML of the external aspx page. If it doesn't validate, make appropriate changes to it. To get a copy of its generated HTML, simply view it by itself in the browser and then use the browser's 'view source' to see the code that the server is serving. Copy and paste to a local page and run that through the w3c validator:

http://validator.w3.org/

webweb
05-30-2007, 11:54 PM
i have main aspx page which inherits from masterpage and the one which load in the tab is an aspx with button enclosed in form tag i got the same error , the error disappears when i remove the form tag from the loaded page
it works fine in firefox

plz any help will be appreciated

thanks alot

shaymaa

webweb
05-30-2007, 11:55 PM
i forgot to say that the html generated code is valid according to w3c
so its not the problem

Kirti
06-01-2007, 06:31 AM
I am also facing the same problem.Please suggest me some solution to fix this problem.Thanks in advance