PDA

View Full Version : I can't get it working on IE...

koki142
04-20-2007, 05:37 AM
1) Script Title:
Ajax Tab Content
2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxtabscontent/index.htm
3) Describe problem:

I have one version of jscheuer1's problem, and the solutions don't work for me. It works perfect in Opera and Firefox, but not with IE.

The code is this:
<div id="content">
<ul class="shadetabs" id="maintab">
<li>
<a class="selected" rel="ajaxcontentarea" href="/app?wicket:interface=wicket-7:0:tabs:0:link::ILinkListener"><span>User</span></a>
</li><li>
<a rel="ajaxcontentarea" href="/app?wicket:interface=wicket-7:0:tabs:1:link::ILinkListener"><span>Personal</span></a>
</li><li>
<a rel="ajaxcontentarea" href="/app?wicket:interface=wicket-7:0:tabs:2:link::ILinkListener"><span>Profile</span></a>
</li>
</ul>
<div id="ajaxcontentarea" class="contentstyle">
</div>
</div> <!-- content -->

If I remove the rel="ajaxcontentarea" I get the content without problems. By the way it is generated with Wicket, a Java framework, and here is an example of the generated HTML code:

<form id="userInformationForm" action="/app?wicket:interface=:15:userInformationForm::IFormSubmitListener" method="post"><div style="display:none"><input type="hidden" name="userInformationForm:hf:0" id="userInformationForm:hf:0" /></div>
<table>
<tr>
<td>Username:</td>
<td><input name="username" value="" type="text"/></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Password:</td>
<td><input name="password" value="" type="password"/></td>
</tr>
/table>
</form>

I don't get any javascript error, it simply shows "Requesting content.." but nothing happens.

Thank you very very much for your help,
Oskar

jscheuer1
04-20-2007, 05:48 AM
If you mean IE 7, that browser will not execute Ajax Tabs locally.

kama
04-20-2007, 11:59 AM
IE7 does not support a lot of things...

Even their videos made by Windows Movie Maker don't function.
I'm still looking for a solution to show my videos...

It's a shame.

jscheuer1
04-20-2007, 02:22 PM
IE7 does not support a lot of things...

Even their videos made by Windows Movie Maker don't function.
I'm still looking for a solution to show my videos...

It's a shame.

I'd try converting to .flv and using flash. Or, to .mov and using QuickTime. Flash is more efficient if it is for a live presentation.

kama
04-20-2007, 02:41 PM
I'd try converting to .flv and using flash. Or, to .mov and using QuickTime. Flash is more efficient if it is for a live presentation.

Thanks jscheuer1.

You've already been very helpful for me.
I found a script that I will put in my post so that others can also use it...
I didn't have time to do that before, since I just tried it out on my site.

I know that Flash is the best solution, but the problem is that not every user has the Flash Player installed on his computer, and the installation of it could be blocked by the administrator. ;)

BTW Sorry for my English...

pcbrainbuster
04-20-2007, 02:59 PM
What Is This Btw Everone Uses !!!

kama
04-20-2007, 03:01 PM
It's By The Way...

jscheuer1
04-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Thanks jscheuer1.

You've already been very helpful for me.
I found a script that I will put in my post so that others can also use it...
I didn't have time to do that before, since I just tried it out on my site.

I know that Flash is the best solution, but the problem is that not every user has the Flash Player installed on his computer, and the installation of it could be blocked by the administrator. ;)

BTW Sorry for my English...

Your English is better than mine. Anyways, there always needs to be a plug-in to view a video. And, any given user may or may not have it on their machine. And, they may or may not be able to install it (the administrator is only one reason, there could be others).

However, Flash is the web standard for video. If the tag is written correctly, Flash will at least offer a free installation for those who don't have it.

If it is really important to you that the user has every possible opportunity to view your video, you could offer it in a variety of formats.

kama
04-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Your English is better than mine. Anyways, there always needs to be a plug-in to view a video. And, any given user may or may not have it on their machine. And, they may or may not be able to install it (the administrator is only one reason, there could be others).

However, Flash is the web standard for video. If the tag is written correctly, Flash will at least offer a free installation for those who don't have it.

If it is really important to you that the user has every possible opportunity to view your video, you could offer it in a variety of formats.

Thanks.
I was already thinking about offering different ways to view the video.
It's just that at the moment I don't have a lot of time.

Since you know so much, is it possible to look at the following script (last reply)?

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?p=88394&posted=1#post88394

I would just like to change the font of a visualized link.

Thanks (again)...

tech_support
04-21-2007, 06:19 AM
What Is This Btw Everone Uses !!!
http://www.urbandictionary.com/

kama
04-21-2007, 01:01 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/

This dictionary is just so great! :D