PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a javascript

alme
04-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Hello everyone.I'm new here.Please can you help me with smth?
I need an airplane moving into my site.Is it possible to do this with javascript and if yes do u know how?I want the airplane to appear as soon as the site is loaded and then to move upsite down and to stay to a fixed possition.Thnx a lot.

Bob90
04-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Can repeat what you want more clearly please. :)

It sounds like a very easy thing to do; just move a picture around the screen then stop?

mburt
04-19-2007, 06:44 PM
and then to move upsite down
If alme wants reliable 3-axis movement, that would be impossible.

alme
04-20-2007, 11:47 AM
well what I want is a small airplane showing up as soon as the webiste is loaded and to move around like upsite down,doing acrobatic stuff like going up and down in spiral.Stuff like this.U know what i mean?

Twey
04-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Not quite impossible... perhaps an animated GIF and a well-timed script?

alme
04-20-2007, 01:12 PM
so can someone help me with this one ?

boogyman
04-20-2007, 01:21 PM
well what I want is a small airplane showing up as soon as the webiste is loaded and to move around like upsite down,doing acrobatic stuff like going up and down in spiral.Stuff like this.U know what i mean?

okay this went from turning upside down to doing full aerobatics? You are not venturing into the territory of flash

alme
04-20-2007, 05:35 PM
no no I dont want it with flash coz with flash i cant put it all over my website.I want it with javascript and when I say acrobatic I mean exactly this upside down.

boogyman
04-20-2007, 05:44 PM
you cannot rotate an image across the z-axis (eg plane rolling) with Javascript alone.

Not quite impossible... perhaps an animated GIF and a well-timed script?

As Twey said, you would need to create an animated gif in which the plane does the aerobatics in itself, possibly with a delay on in performing the roll, then you could write a script to move it along the x/y axis.

mburt
04-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Which could possibly be quite complex if no initial images are given, and you have to work with a stationary image. Of course, this all depends on the software being used.