PDA

View Full Version : Please help with multiple scripting on single page

Audee2
09-23-2004, 07:45 PM
Hi - I am new to this forum and hoping that someone can explain to me (or show me) how to have multiple scripts on one page and have them work...I've read about using the ";". However, presently I am using a text tail and would like to add the script for messages to appear on the bottom of my page right above the toolbar on the screen. I am teaching myself how to use scripts along with some of the dynamics of FrontPage but it seems that the only thing that works is one or the other - words dynamically flying in from FrontPage - or - text tail with scripting....not to mention the script I want to add for the messages to appear....thanks for any help...

ddadmin
09-24-2004, 07:26 PM
There is no "magic bullet" solution unfortunately, and really depends on the script in question. Due to the time usually involved, this isn't something we support.

FYI the reasons for two scripts suddenly not working when put on the same page can be many, including duplication in the two scripts' variable names, functions, or access to an event handler (ie: body onload=...). The most common conflict is the last of the three, which the following tutorial talks about: http://www.javascriptkit.com/javatutors/multiplejava.shtml