PDA

View Full Version : chrome menu and ssl problem

tokolosche
04-15-2007, 07:27 AM
1) Script Title: Chrome CSS Drop Down Menu (v2.01)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/chrome/index.htm

3) Describe problem:
Hello,

I am having problems with this script working with my ssl certificate. It keeps bringing up a message telling me that 'this page contacins both secure and unsecure items". From my troubleshooting it appears as though the following code is causing the probelm:

<script type="text/javascript">

cssdropdown.startchrome("menu")

</script>

Any ideas how to stop this message from coming up?

jscheuer1
04-15-2007, 08:32 AM
That happens when non-secure iframe content is featured on a page along with secure content.

Unless you have a select element on your page which requires the iframe shim, you can just get rid of the iframe, set this variable (in chrome.js):

enableiframeshim: 0, //enable "iframe shim" technique to get drop down menus to correctly appear on top of controls such as form objects in IE5.5/IE6? 1 for yes, 0 for no

to 0 as shown and get rid of this part of the code (also in chrome.js, near the end):

if (window.createPopup && !window.XmlHttpRequest){ //if IE5.5 to IE6, create iframe for iframe shim technique
document.write('<IFRAME id="iframeshim" src="" style="display: none; left: 0; top: 0; z-index: 90; position: absolute; filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(style=0,opacity=0)" frameBorder="0" scrolling="no"></IFRAME>')
this.shimobject=document.getElementById("iframeshim") //reference iframe object
}

Or, f you need the iframe shim, leave the variable at its default setting of 1, and find or create a secure blank (or mostly blank) page to use as the source for the iframe in the other code section, ex:

if (window.createPopup && !window.XmlHttpRequest){ //if IE5.5 to IE6, create iframe for iframe shim technique
document.write('<IFRAME id="iframeshim" src="blank_secure_page.shtml" style="display: none; left: 0; top: 0; z-index: 90; position: absolute; filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(style=0,opacity=0)" frameBorder="0" scrolling="no"></IFRAME>')
this.shimobject=document.getElementById("iframeshim") //reference iframe object
}

You may have to contact your server's administrator for more information on creating a blank (or mostly blank) secure page for use in the above code. You cannot use the (top) page itself.