PDA

View Full Version : AnyLink Drop Down Menu- Screen Resolution

wendyscountrycloset
04-12-2007, 04:13 PM
1) Script Title: AnyLink Drop Down Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/dropmenuindex.htm

3) Describe problem: Is it possible to keep the dropdown alignments the same with different screen resolutions?

I have the screen resolution at 800 x 600 and the drop downs match up good, change the resolution and they are off to the side

http://www.readymadecountry.com/

Wendy

mburt
04-12-2007, 08:42 PM
In what screen resolution does it go off to the side? I see no problem with 1024 / 728.

Veronica
04-12-2007, 09:36 PM
You may be running into problems because you're using an image map for the links.

Actually, a bigger problem, at least in my Firefox browser, is that the 2 links with the menu don't work at all. They work in IE6 and 7, but not FF. I can't figure out why, though, sorry.

If you take the links out of the image map, and just run them in a row under your picture & logo, the drop-downs will appear under them, and the links work in FF that way too.

wendyscountrycloset
04-12-2007, 09:42 PM
mburt-
I designed the site and set it up with 800x600 per clients request and I see it fine with that. But when I go to my normal viewing of 1024 x 768 that is when I see them off to the sides.

Veronica- I thought maybe the image map would be a problem but I do not know how to get the links to run on a diagonal like they do without using the image map

Thanks
Wendy

Veronica
04-12-2007, 10:17 PM
And I guess the client really wants that diagonal, right?

One thing you really should change is the way you're written the links. It didn't work in FF because it had an extra <a before the href:

<AREA SHAPE="rect" COORDS="16,196,81,225" <a href="daycare.htm" ALT="Doggie Daycare"onMouseover="dropdownmenu(this, event, menu2, '88px')" onMouseout="delayhidemenu()"></a>

It should read:
<AREA SHAPE="rect" COORDS="16,196,81,225" href="daycare.htm" ALT="Doggie Daycare"onMouseover="dropdownmenu(this, event, menu2, '88px')" onMouseout="delayhidemenu()"></a>

wendyscountrycloset
04-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Of course they want that, LOL. Isn't there always just a little something that they think looks so easy to do :)

I am currently trying to just add the links by text boxes in tables and see how I go that way. But I am still wondering even doing it that way will it show differntly in different resolutions like it does now because of the settings in the script.

I also thought perhaps I should use a css drop down instead of the script I am using but not sure if that will take care of the resolution either.

Thanks for finding out that <a issue.

Wendy

Veronica
04-12-2007, 11:03 PM
If you create text boxes, the menus should show correctly even in different resolutions.

If you want to try one more thing with the image map, try the script at
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/popit.htm
to create the menus.
It makes the menu appear where the user's mouse is, and when I tried it with your image map, it made the menu show up by the link, instead of off to the side.