PDA

View Full Version : Denied Access

boogyman
04-12-2007, 01:52 PM
Last week I was able to connect to my mysql front-end, and the computer was off all weekend. now when I try to connect, it is saying denied access. It will only allow me to connect via the local host, rather then trying to connect via the server directly. So I went into my command prompt to use the root password and its giving me this error

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

mburt
04-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Where is your MySql host, on the web, or localhost?

boogyman
04-12-2007, 02:44 PM
both. There is an offline copy on the local host, but I wanted to edit the one on the web.

mburt
04-12-2007, 02:48 PM
If you want to edit the localhost one:

mysql_connect("sql.myhost.com","user","pass");

Most of the time you will have to log in with the MySql host, your hosting service provides. Sometimes it will be localhost, though.

boogyman
04-12-2007, 03:08 PM
well what I am trying to do is login using a front-end client call MySQL Admin. It is saying that access is only allowed from local host. but last friday, it let me do whatever I wanted

thetestingsite
04-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Perhaps your webhost (or the people hosting your MySQL database) changed the configuration of the MySQL server. If you still cannot login with it directly (or even using the php snippet Mburt posted), then you may want to speak with your host directly.

Hope this helps.

mburt
04-13-2007, 12:20 AM
well what I am trying to do is login using a front-end client call MySQL Admin.
Personally, I would learn to get a feel for the MySql command line. If you download the MySql server, it comes with it. Either that, or get used to running MySql commands via PHP, I usually create a file called exec.php, or run.php to execute my commands.