PDA

View Full Version : Email - Form submission

TheBigT
03-04-2005, 11:56 PM
I am currently making a form for feedback. Making the form and making the validation were the easy steps but I want to use only Javascript (because my ISP provides my webspace and it does not allow any server side like PHP) If someone can tell me how to make it send it to the email account that is already in there without having to go through say Microsoft Outlook it would be a lot of help. Here is the code. Thanks in advance.

<script>
<!--
function validate()
{
if ((document.feedback.name.value=="")||
(document.feedback.suggestion.value==""))
{
alert ("Please fill out every field. Thank you.")
return false ;
}
return true ;
}
//-->
</script>

<form action="mailto:allbonz89@comcast.net" method="post" name="feedback" onsubmit="return validate()">
Enter Your Name (*required)<br>
<input type="text" size="20" name="name">
<br>
What you want up here: (*required)
<br>
<textarea name="suggestion" rows="3" cols="25"></textarea>
<br>
<input type="submit" name="B1" value="Submit">
</form>

TheBigT
03-06-2005, 10:36 PM
I figured out the solution and I realize now that it doesn't have to do with the script.

hood
03-09-2005, 05:20 PM
I am having a similar problem, would it be possible for you tell me what your solution was?

TheBigT
03-10-2005, 03:29 AM
Well I was figuring that you need something to process the form which would probably be something like php or some other servide scripting. It ends up that it is more complicated then that says a friend of mine. Well I went out and searched for a free form processor that would do it for me. I found this site This Site click here. (http://allforms.mailjol.net/main.html) Well if you go there they have a decent service. Just change the settings so it has your own email and your own sucessful submission page etc. It will make it look like you are doing it without the help of any other webpage. Hope that helps some. Other then that I can't really help you write the code because PHP is something I just began to learn.