PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Bizarre Flash Project!

omgbearisdrvng
04-04-2007, 03:03 PM
I making a project that is an interactive poem that the user can drag mc's to set a specific order to be played back. Essentially it works like this: There are five draggable mc's Each with the word "line" and the respective number. There are also five vertically tiled place holder mc's that the "line" mc's are dragged onto. What I want to happen is when you drag all the line Mc's into the holders, creating a poem specified by the user. I assume this is done with Arrays. When you are done with your dragging it you click a play button displays the lines of the poem in the order specified by the user. I would also like at this point, to play external sounds of someone reading each line. I'm aware I have to set up a timer to delay the other four sounds, but I've been at this for about ten hours trying to piece together how to even start this. Im at my wit's end. Does anyone have any ideas at all?

omgbearisdrvng
04-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Alright, better yet then. From my example, If I drag a "line" movie clip onto a holder movie clip, is there a way I could get the holder to remember the instance name of whichever line was dragged onto it?

pcbrainbuster
04-04-2007, 06:05 PM
TRUST ME !!!, without blizzard there arn't much people who can help you ... You will have a better chance looking it up on the internet...

Medyman
04-07-2007, 08:54 PM
TRUST ME !!!, without blizzard there arn't much people who can help you ... You will have a better chance looking it up on the internet...

amen to that...

I wish I could help you but my Flash skills are just not that advanced.

Where as BliZZard dissapeared to?

thetestingsite
04-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Blizzard has gone, see this post for more info:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?p=83565

BLiZZaRD
04-13-2007, 04:06 PM
The easiest way would be to embed the sound clip into each MC.

For example:

You have 3 "words" each is an MC "cow" "how" "now"

You then record yourself saying each of these words.

Inside the MC's drag the sound clip into the MC.

Now do the rest, make MC's drag/drop-able, make it pretty, etc. Then include either AS coding or clipEvents (probably easier) to play sound when MC is "active"

Then run this script on the press of the play button.

This way no matter what order the words are in the sound of that word stays with that word.