PDA

View Full Version : problem with Advanced Gallery Script in IE

diamondnular
04-03-2007, 03:32 AM
1) Script Title: Advanced Gallery Script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/agallery.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hi all,

I believe there is a something wrong with this script in IE 7. I have it installed on my site. In Firefox, it runs just fine without any problem. In IE 7, it displays nothing with an error: 'partscollect' is undefined. In order to overcome this, I found a way of deleting temp files of IE. After empty temp files, it runs OK. :( What is happening here? Anybody helps please!!!

Thanks,

KC.

jscheuer1
04-03-2007, 06:51 AM
The demo works fine here in IE 7. If clearing your cache of temporary files fixes anything, it was an old problem that no longer exists.

diamondnular
04-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Hi John,

Actually here is a full story. I do not want the radio controller, and just want the code with manual control only, so I change

var displaymode="manual"

and add

preparemode('manual')

in the bottom of the code, right before </script>. Then I had that error in IE.

I found out that removing preparemode('manual') solves the problem. Do you know why is that?

Thanks,

KC

jscheuer1
04-04-2007, 04:22 AM
The preparemode() function is only for use during an already initialized and running script. Placing it where you did ran the risk of it being executed before the onload event that initializes the script. When this happens there could be errors, perhaps non-fatal ones. IE often reports non-fatal errors but, unless you have it in some way specifically enabled, FF will never do so.