PDA

View Full Version : I Got a Little Problem With Favicon ...

begy
03-30-2007, 02:16 AM
I have problem with favicon and i dont know howto upload to my site i mean how to put little icon to site does anyonecan halp with that?:

thetestingsite
03-30-2007, 02:21 AM
Step 1: get favicon (either by creating it using an online tool or an offline image editor)
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit!

now on a serious not.
Step 2 is simply to upload the saved image to your public_html (or root) directory of your site. and Step 3 is to add the <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico"> to the head of your document.

Hope this helps.

begy
03-30-2007, 02:32 AM
i already have a icon but how i gonna put into my page i mean is ther any free uploader to do that cause i can add only some formats of images....

JShor
03-30-2007, 02:41 AM
Thats silly, no need to put any code in your page. Simply upload the favicon file once to your server, and your done, It will be automatically there on your webpages.

thetestingsite
03-30-2007, 02:43 AM
Well, you would have to use an FTP client (or your webhost's File Management program) to upload the icon. If your host does not support this file extension, then you could change the format of it to whatever you wanted. Just be sure to change the following (between the head tags of your html document):

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ext">

Where "ext" is the extension of your image (gif, jpg, etc).

Hope this helps.

begy
03-30-2007, 02:51 AM
well still donno even my webhost provide favicon to but doesnt show on site
anyways thx guys to helping me

Cousin IT
04-16-2007, 05:49 PM
AAAHHHHHH!!! I followed the instructions from multiple posts but still no luck!!!

I chose a jpg file, converted it with the DD online tool and saved it to my desktop. I use yahoo to host my site, so i uploaded the file to the site, in the root directory. I even added the <link rel....> in the <head> still no help. I am not a website guy, im a network server guy so this stuff is all new to me.

jscheuer1
04-16-2007, 06:07 PM
AAAHHHHHH!!! I followed the instructions from multiple posts but still no luck!!!

I chose a jpg file, converted it with the DD online tool and saved it to my desktop. I use yahoo to host my site, so i uploaded the file to the site, in the root directory. I even added the <link rel....> in the <head> still no help. I am not a website guy, im a network server guy so this stuff is all new to me.

If you are browsing with IE 6 or less, don't count on seeing any results. IE 6 can display these favicons but, support is very spotty. IE 7 does a pretty good job but still messes up at times. Almost all other browsers do fine with them.

If you need more help, please supply a link to your site.

pimpit95
04-17-2007, 07:45 PM
I was having a problem with it too. I thought it was not working either. But when i put www. before the web page it doesn't work only if i put it without it.
this is my site I have it on
www.rigosign.com <---no icon
rigosign.com <--- icon works just fine

its weird...