PDA

View Full Version : Switch Content Script: Bookmarking?

Belltoons
03-29-2007, 07:20 PM
1) Script Title: Switch Content Script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/switchcontent.htm

3) Describe problem:

Not a problem so much as wondering if there is a way to empower Switch Content to work with Bookmarks on a page.

Here's the set-up. I have a dozen solutions of 1-2 paragraphs each to describe in a page. Switch Content works great, allowing me to expand or contract the solution titles to show the accompanying description. These all appear mid-way down the page, basically off-screen when you first come to the page. That's the problem.

Our website uses a side frame menu, listing each of these solutions up at the top of the page. What I'm wondering is: Can I bookmark each of the "hidden" Switch Content solution descriptions, linking to them from the top menu? As an example, clicking on the top menu on "Solution 12" would automatically take the user down to the bottom of the page to Switch Content's solution 12, title, expanding it to open the description paragraphs.

It would be great if it could do this. I can get the bookmark to mimic "Expand All," but all I really want to do is expand a particular item in the list.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks for so many great and useful scripts that make my job easier.

Paul

PS: Guess I should mention I am using the newest version of the script that you have posted as recently revised. Thanks.