PDA

View Full Version : Fading Scroller

Bennysan
03-27-2007, 09:17 AM
Hi everyone,

I've got a fading scroller on my site, and it's working fine down below the menu on the left hand side of my site, but i would prefer it if i was able to, not sure the best way to work this, but embed it into the footer image.

The footer is basically just a long blue bar with a logo and the right hand side, and i want the scroller is display along the middle of it. I'm not sure if this is possible.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Benny

codeexploiter
03-27-2007, 09:24 AM
Can you post either a link or the code.

Bennysan
03-27-2007, 09:29 AM
It's taken from this site, but basically this is it:

<script type="text/javascript">

/***********************************************
* Fading Scroller- Dynamic Drive DHTML code library (www.dynamicdrive.com)
* This notice MUST stay intact for legal use
* Visit Dynamic Drive at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for full source code
***********************************************/

var delay = 2000; //set delay between message change (in miliseconds)
var maxsteps=30; // number of steps to take to change from start color to endcolor
var stepdelay=40; // time in miliseconds of a single step
//**Note: maxsteps*stepdelay will be total time in miliseconds of fading effect
var startcolor= new Array(255,255,255); // start color (red, green, blue)
var endcolor=new Array(0,0,0); // end color (red, green, blue)

var fcontent=new Array();
begintag='<div style="font: normal 12px Arial; padding: 5px;">'; //set opening tag, such as font declarations
fcontent[0]="<a href='ICT.htm'><b>News</b><br>The team have been working closely with the GB market to integrate the 500,000 consumer records on their Mirror Database into the Consumer Database.<a/>";
fcontent[1]="<a href='ICT.htm'><b>News</b><br>The team has worked closely with our ICT team to develop the Brochure Order Project system</span>...<a/>";
fcontent[2]="<a href='ICT.htm'><b>News</b><br>GB Ad Response has almost doubled on the same month last year...<a/>";
closetag='</div>';

var fwidth='150px'; //set scroller width
var fheight='150px'; //set scroller height

var fadelinks=1; //should links inside scroller content also fade like text? 0 for no, 1 for yes.

There is more code below but its just the functions.

Unfortunately i can't give a link to the site as its hosted on my companies intranet.