PDA

View Full Version : Rss ticker (ajax) jacked in Windoze

beertigger
03-27-2007, 05:58 AM
Script: RSS Ticker (Ajax invocation)

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/rsstickerajax/index.htm

I'd really like to use this script; the fade function looks great in FF and Safari. But I'm havin' a great deal of trouble with WinIE 6.

Even your page won't load the script on a Windows box, and I've tried it on more than one....

I get an error that says: rssticker_ajax is undefined on (whatever line it appears in the js on).

Happens when I try to include just the script itself on a page, with no other content. Happens on the DD site.

Anybody got any bright ideas? TIA,

ddadmin
03-27-2007, 06:24 PM
This script has been successfully tested in IE6 (Win XP). I'm not aware of anyone else having an issue with it in IE6. When you say the problem exists with the DD demo as well, are you running it online (instead of saving the page locally first)?

beertigger
03-27-2007, 08:17 PM
This script has been successfully tested in IE6 (Win XP). I'm not aware of anyone else having an issue with it in IE6. When you say the problem exists with the DD demo as well, are you running it online (instead of saving the page locally first)?

When I nav to the demo page with IE6, I get an error - the ticker on the page doesn't run. I get the same result when I install the ticker - works great in FF, fails in IE6. Running in XP I get a stall on "Initializing Ticker" while in 98 I get nothing but an error.

Thanks for any ideas you've got.

beertigger
03-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Double d'oh.

Seems that the caches on both boxes were fargling things up.

At least it appears to be working now. Don't really know why, as I had a functional ticker up and running (as far as Ff is concerned) before even trying to look at it in IE.

But it's fading along nicely now, so (shrug)... mysteries of the interwebs, I suppose.

Thanks alot for the script - very sweet,

mbockstruck30
09-18-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm having this same problem. Works in all my browsers except IE 6. I get the ticker window, but it says "initializing ticker..." for a second, then disappears. no other text shows up.

What was meant by the "caches on both boxes were fargling things up"?

Any help is appreciated.:)

ddadmin
09-19-2007, 07:54 AM
I'm having this same problem. Works in all my browsers except IE 6. I get the ticker window, but it says "initializing ticker..." for a second, then disappears. no other text shows up.

What was meant by the "caches on both boxes were fargling things up"?

Any help is appreciated.:)

Are you getting this problem on the DD demo as well? I think what he meant by "caches" is the cache directory that this script creates and writes to on the server end. If it's not chmod properly to read/write, you'll have problems.

mbockstruck30
09-20-2007, 03:03 PM
Yes, I am having the problem with the demo as well (only in IE 6). I think it is something with my standalone version of IE 6 or the settings though. I've tried it on other computers and it is fine.

Thanks.

ddadmin
09-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Hmmm I just tested this script in IE6 (Win XP sp2) without problems. Note that the script needs to be run online in IE to work (versus offline).