PDA

View Full Version : progress bar

bobvaz
03-23-2007, 01:45 AM
Hopefully, this is the right forum. I have a rather large pdf file whose images sort of jump while loading. I think it would be best to completely download the file prior to displaying the page. However, I don't think I am doing the right thing. I have read the posts for download progress bar, but none of them show how to determine if the file has completely downloaded. Looking for help. Thanks in advance.
Bob

Bob90
03-23-2007, 03:18 PM
I don't think you can do it in javacript. The display part could be, but that misses the point.
External files are quite hard to deal with.

bobvaz
03-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks Bob, are you aware of any other option.....?

Bob90
03-27-2007, 02:33 AM
I don't know how to do it. I tried loading it i an Iframe, but it came out. I'm sure there must be a way.

If the PDF is to be viewed in the browser, check the Adobe website as most PDF plugins are adobe. They may be able to help you load the file in a hidden frame/iframe/div etc.

Other than that I'm stumped.:)

bobvaz
04-06-2007, 12:35 AM
I don't know how to do it. I tried loading it i an Iframe, but it came out. I'm sure there must be a way.

If the PDF is to be viewed in the browser, check the Adobe website as most PDF plugins are adobe. They may be able to help you load the file in a hidden frame/iframe/div etc.

Other than that I'm stumped.:)

Thanks, I will give adobe a shot.