PDA

View Full Version : Resizing the enlarged image for BIG images

Kazino
03-21-2007, 09:57 PM
1) Script Title:
Image Thumbnail Viewer

2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail.htm

3) Describe problem: This issue occurs on the various Image viewers I've tried on DD but I'll use the above image viewer as the reference.
I have no trouble getting the viewers to work and I can size the small thumbnails without issue. But the enlarged images always consume the entire window and force scrolling to the right and down to see the entire image. I do use big images (1600x800 typically) as that's what my digital cameras are producing. Some are wide screen as well.
I just can't seem to determine how to reduce the images down to more manageable sizes without having to shrink them to 800x600 using a tool like Windows MS Photo Editor. How can I control the enlarged imaged sizes?

jscheuer1
03-21-2007, 10:22 PM
You shouldn't control them, you should resize them and optimize them to fit on the screen and lower storage and bandwidth byte load.

Kazino
03-21-2007, 10:38 PM
Thanks John,
That does make sense. I was trying to avoid the work of resizing a few hundred images.
The Image Optimizer tool has a 300Kb limit. Is there some other mass resizer tool you know of?

k.

jscheuer1
03-21-2007, 10:43 PM
I use image optimizer pro (xat.com - free trial) but, there are many bulk resizing programs available, some free. Many programs like Paint Shop and Photoshop will do bulk resizing. You shouldn't stop at resizing though so, a good image optimization program is handy.