PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Access and Visual Studio

Jas
03-21-2007, 07:27 PM
I am working on yet another project, and yet again I am lost! I need to look at some tutorials on visual studio, but for now I just need an answer:

I am developing a program via Microsoft Access to keep track of student's attendance as well as other information. What I need is a way for the students to sign their name on one page and have +1 added to their attendance field on a table that stores the information (Glad there is a spell checker, as I just misspelled three of four words :) ). Does anyone out there know what I can do to set this up? If you need more information, let me know.

BTW: the page they sign in from is call "Attendance" and the table is call "SA_Table" and the field that the +1 should be added to is called "Attendance_Since_Last_Test" -- if that helps at all.

Thanks for your help!

And if anyone knows how of any good access/ visual studio tutorials, let me know :)

eXceed69
03-22-2007, 02:36 PM
Okey you need is ODBC connection and you'll all set as you say you had a table created for this so you need to put a column for sequencing. BTW your posting ona wrong forum try to search in google for the vb tutorials.

Jas
03-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Thanks!
I guess this is the wrong place, sorry. =(

Okey you need is ODBC connection and you'll all set as you say you had a table created for this so you need to put a column for sequencing.

What is an ODBC? Is that for online, because this is going to be offline (forgot to mention that).