PDA

View Full Version : Simple Tree Menu - Help

ipswichwitches
03-20-2007, 10:16 PM
1) Script Title: Simple Tree Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/navigate1.htm

3) Describe problem:

I am having some problem with the persistence of this menu script. www.bfc.landseerplayers.org.uk uses this script. If you click Reflexology, the sub menu is displayed. Clicking a link shows the correct page, but the menu is then contracted.

www.bfc.landseerplayers.org.uk is actually forwarded to www.btinternet.com/~landseer.players/bfc/ using UKReg's website forwarding. I think this is sometimes called cloaked forwarding.

Using IE and entering www.bfc.landseerplayers.org.uk means the persistence doesn't work.

Using IE and entering www.btinternet.com/~landseer.players/bfc/ does work.

Hopefully this all understandable, but I'm looking for guidance to get the persistence working when using www.bfc.landseerplayers.org.uk.

Many thanks

Ian

ddadmin
03-21-2007, 07:42 AM
The persistence works in Firefox, which tells me the problem most likely is due to IE's security restrictions preventing the script from setting a cookie needed to enable persistence in that browser. I'm not aware of an easy solution to this. Your page (binternet.com) is actually just contained inside a frame of landseerplayers.org, with no actual redirection taking place.

ipswichwitches
03-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Thanks very much for the prompt reply. It certainly seems to be something to with cookies.

Using www.bfc.landseerplayers.org.uk in IE means no cookies is donwload.
Using www.btinternet.com/~landseer.players/bfc/ means a cookie is received.

I'm struggling to understand why one situation doesn't download a cookie and the other does.

Anyone ?

ddadmin
03-22-2007, 03:42 AM
Well, in the case of the redirected URL, your page is contained inside a frame of another domain; in other words, the master page and one of its frame pages do not match in terms of domains. To IE, this most triggers a security warning and causes the browser to disable the ability to save cookie values inside the child frames. I'm pretty sure I've run into this issue myself before. And it's no surprise coming from a browser that prompts you before running anything JavaScript or ActiveX related.